Genie In A [Mascara] Bottle
I often get asked if I am wearing false eyelashes. The answer is… nope! They’re real! Want to know my secret? It’s mascara by Too Faced called Better Than False Lashes Nylon Extension System. This stuff is magical! One day when I was ordering it online, I noticed that its review scores were low. Wait. What?! How could a magical mascara genie in a bottle not score off the charts high?! I read through some of the reviews and found that most of them had a common complaint, which was that their top and bottom lashes were sticking together. I had recommended this product some friends so I asked them what they thought of it. Sure enough they had the same complaint. Knowing this has inspired me to demonstrate how I use this product in hopes that it will work magic for you too! The process I use involves several steps and few different products so it’s not something most people are going to want to do on a daily basis. But it’s great for times when you want the look of dramatic lashes without the drama of gluing on falsies! Here goes:
Do the following steps to each eye, one at a time. Finish all steps on one eye before starting on the other eye.
- If your lashes are straight, like mine, curl them with an eyelash curler. My favorite is the one by Shu Uemura.
- Open both tubes of the Too Faced mascara system. The gold tube contains black mascara. The white tube contains dry, loose, white fibers. You will want to have them both ready to use at the same time so that you can apply the fibers while the mascara is still wet.
- Apply a thin coat of the black mascara only to the top half of the upper lashes. Do not apply near the base of the lashes or on the lower lash line. Coat the front and back of the upper lash tips.
- Immediately apply a thin coat of the white fibers over the mascara. Again, coating both the front and back of the lash tips.
- Apply another thin coat of the black mascara. This will cover the white fibers and seal them to the lashes. Remember that you never use these products near the base of the lash line, or on the bottom lashes.
- Follow the same procedure for the other eye.
- Add a coat of thickening mascara such as L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara. This can be used at the base of the lash line as well as on the lower lashes. It will add volume and eliminate any residual stickiness from the Too Faced product.
- Use Benefit They’re Real Mascara to fine tune small lashes at the inner and outer corners and the lower lash line.
BAM! There you have it. Noticeably longer lashes without the falsies!
This looks a lot more complicated on paper than it is in reality. After you’ve done it once, it will become much easier! I have also made a video tutorial demonstrating the process so you can see how simple it really is. Check out my YouTube Channel to watch how I do it. I hope this helps everyone have better results with this system. I got my three wishes (longer, thicker, fuller lashes) from this genie in a bottle so now it’s your turn! Have you tried it? Share your thoughts in the comment section!
Here are my before and after pictures so you can see what a big difference it makes!